Today’s Plan Partners with Olympian and World Champion Triathlete Ben Kanute
Canberra, Australia – 17 May 2018
Today’s Plan is excited to announce an official partnership with Olympian and World Champion triathlete Ben Kanute. Kanute is a 2016 Rio Olympian, Mixed Team Relay World Champion, Island House Invitational Triathlon Champion and earned a silver medal at the 70.3 World Championships in 2017.
“Today’s Plan is thrilled to partner with Ben Kanute for a variety of reasons. Notably his data driven approach to training and racing, combined with his desire to embrace emerging sensor technology such as running power demonstrates his desire & commitment to find every possible true performance gain, making him a perfect fit with our own philosophy”said Ben Bowley, Today’s Plan CEO. “By embracing this combination of emerging technology and turning that data to information via Today’s Plan, Ben Kanute helps us make these same performance improvements possible for every triathlete, whether they are coached or self trained.”
Ben Kanute is a very data driven athlete. While Kanute will rely on his coach to do the in depth data analysis, he will look at surface level information to make sure he is taking the correct steps in training such as seeing progress in his performance, hitting specific power numbers, making sure he is hitting all increments in his workouts and getting a general picture of how his training is moving forward.
In 2017, Kanute increased his commitment to data, specifically the use of cycling and running power, with his coach Jim Vance, a Today’s Plan user, and author of Run with Power, and Triathlon 2.0, leading to victories at Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon, Island House Invitational Triathlon, and silver medals at the 70.3 World Championships and the Mixed Team Relay World Championships. Today’s Plan has created a specific suite of analytics specifically designed to enhance their relationship with this technology, to continue their winning ways, including a recent victory at the Texas 70.3, utilising Today’s Plan new multisport platform.
“I’m excited to join Today’s Plan. As a triathlete it is very important to be able to track my progress and see improvements or if a particular method of training is working and Today’s Plan presents that in a very easy to use and customisable format. What I’ve seen in Today’s Plan that I am most excited about is really the customisability. I’m able to create my own charts and track data points that are not really available on other platforms and it really lets me be specific in what I’m looking for in my training and to really track progress in a streamlined way.” said Ben Kanute.
About Today’s Plan
Launched in 2015, Today’s Plan is the data and analytics partner for UCI World Tour Teams Trek-Segafredo and Team Sky. The company has now extended its product beyond solely cycling to encompass multisport training – especially Triathlon. Watch our launch video.
Today’s Plan specialises in taking a range of data from emerging sensor technology and turns that data into actionable information for athletes and coaches. For example, runners and triathletes who use a Stryd™ power meter or Garmin’s Running Dynamics™ can visualise metrics such as run power, Leg Spring Stiffness, vertical oscillation and ground contact time over the course of weeks, months or years to provide valuable training insights.
- “Next gen” sports tech platform for Triathlon Coaches creating unrivalled efficiency: The platform allows coaches to use their individual methodology, including athlete subjective ratings, objective and subjective data visualisation using the ‘big data’ engine within Today’s Plan, sports science choices and coach company branding. The platform also has extensive multi athlete prescription and analysis tools for coaches. Watch our coach tools overview video.
- Complete training solution for self trained athletes: Training Plans with structured workouts for run, swim and ride (including ‘how to videos for each), the most advanced and customisable analytics available in a web platform, supported by mobile apps with extensive and customisable ‘subjective’ ratings.
- Intuitive: makes it possible for every athlete to train like a pro
- Highly customisable to suit each individual athlete or coach
- Plays nice with Garmin – Download upcoming run/swim/ride workouts via Today’s Plan ‘Shifter’ application and follow them on compatible Garmin training devices*, upload completed activities via Garmin Connect or Shifter. Workout sync will also be available via Garmin IQ in the near future (currently in beta).
- Automatically sync run and ride workouts to Zwift and upload completed sessions
- Proven technology – Today’s Plan is the exclusive training and analytics partner for world cycling powerhouses Trek-Segafredo and Team Sky
- ‘Big data’ platform that combines existing and emerging sensor technology with wellness and subjective ratings and turns that data into information for athletes and coaches
- Free 7 day trial
About Ben Kanute
Ben Kanute was a 2016 US Olympian in Triathlon, the 2017 Silver Medalist at the 70.3 World Championships, and champion at Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon and Island House Invitational Triathlon. Kanute graduated from the University of Arizona in 2014 with a degree in Physiology. He is currently based in Phoenix, Arizona. More information can be found at benkanute.com