System update – April 2019
29 April 2019
Inbox visuals update
The inbox has been updated to clarify the information regarding all inbox messages/notices/notes. Each inbox line has an icon showing which type of message it is, the name of the athlete the message is from (if you are a coach) as well as the last person who replied to the message. This update also carries over into external inboxes, so now all email received regarding an inbox message/notice clearly show the athletes name in the subject.
We have updated the ordering of workouts as they appear in the calendar if there is more than one workout on a day. Now, when workouts are dragged into the calendar, the start times are automatically updated so that workouts stay in the order that they are dragged into the calendar on. There is also a new “workout reorder” button on each workout which allows you to reorder the workout up or down the specific day in the calendar.
Our latest site update includes a new workout scheduling option which allows users to set a priority for each workout added to the calendar. The three priorities are:
- Critical: “This is a critical activity and should not be missed”
- Routine: “This is a routine activity. It is not absolutely essential to complete, but recommended”
- Optional: “This is an optional activity. If you need to skip an activity this is the one to miss”
Workout priorities can be added as an option when dragging a workout into the calendar. If you do not wish to use the workout priorities you can leave that section blank.
When added to the calendar, workouts will have different borders depending on their priority. Critical workouts have a solid border, Routine workouts have a dashed border and optional activities have a dotted border.
When opening a scheduled workout, users will again be able to see the priority in the top left hand corner with a description of what the priority is.
For coaches, the border of the workout in the calendar uses the “Secondary” colour in the coaching company settings, as shown below.
These workout priorities are also visualised as borders to the workouts in the mobile app.
Run pace analysis update
In the Analysis graph for running, we have inverted the y-axis for running, so faster paces are shown at the top of the graph. This brings pace in line with other metrics such as power, where users are accustomed to seeing the faster/higher values at the top.
We have also updated the scaling of the y-axis to diminish the effects of slow speed spikes which can be recorded by devices. This makes it easier for users to see small variations in pace.
Support for Emojis
We now support Emojis both in the mobile app and the desktop site. Users can leave comments with Emojis on their activities or include them in inbox messages.
RunScribe metric support
We have included support for the following RunScribe metrics across our platform: Contact Time, Impact, Braking, Footstrike, Pronation. These are available in the Activity graph, Activity summary and in various Panels on the Dashboard. For more information on how to see these metrics, please login to your Today’s Plan account and paste this URL into your browser: https://whats.todaysplan.com.au/en/help/runscribe-analytics
Keep an eye out for our upcoming blog on RunScribe.
Mobile App Updates
Alongside the desktop website, the mobile app has had various updated including:
- Double tap on a scheduled workout or completed activity from the calendar to bring up options (delete, workout status, move)
- Ability to view your current subscription and expiry date
- Automatic transition to manual entry screen when a workout is manually marked as complete
- Support for Emoji use
- Month header now automatically updates as you scroll through the calendar
- Improved stability and performance when navigating to/from the calendar
Small improvements/ bug fixes:
- Updated visuals to the Weekly Summary email
- Fix for threshold power history showing at lb/kg instead of w/kg
- Simplification of authorise screen for Lezyne users in iOS
- Support for Japanese text characters
- Fixed manual entry activities not ordering according to their start times
- Fix for some swim files uploading as rides
- Improved elevation calculation and smoothing for non .fit files and .fit files that have elevation data edited
- Removed current day’s activity from the “To date” selection on the peak power curve- makes it easier to see power PB’s
- Update to Fitbit syncing to deal with time-zone differences causing data to be imported onto previous day
- Change the event countdown to weeks when it is inside 4 months from the event