NEW! Front End Web lead
Come make a difference on the world stage in sports tech, see your work have immediate use and benefit to our client base and work on projects you have a personal passion for!
Today’s Plan is a SAAS sports tech company and a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialized Bicycle Corporation.
We are seeking an experienced front end web developer with Angular or React experience to lead a significant redesign of our platform. Apart from a sharp mind and demonstrable web developer skills our ideal candidate will also have some full stack development experience and share our passion for endurance sports.
Today’s Plan was founded on the premise that there is an inner athlete in all of us. And ways to access that athlete are coming from everywhere. In a world where technology dominates, we see the opportunity to seamlessly harness it to make it easier for people of any ability to become more athletic, to achieve their personal goals, and to ultimately improve their lives.
We’re looking for a highly motivated interactive web developer & leader who can;
- provide senior development and code leadership in our web and mobile platforms and longer term, our back end platform
- work closely with the business lead and product designer to create the next generation of our platform
- Hire, mentor and technically lead our developers
- work directly with our server and cloud infrastructure team to develop scalable and high performance front-end systems
- design and develop web interfaces for large, interactive datasets – including interactive data visualisations
- maintain and iterate/evolve existing web and mobile products
- Demonstrated experience with using web applications (such as AngularJS or React) in mobile frameworks
- Demonstrated experience with analysing and solving browser compatibility challenges
- Experience with hybrid mobile apps (ionic, cordova, capacitor)
- Experience in working with relational databases like MySQL, Postgresql, Oracle with proficiency in writing complex SQL statements
- Extensive experience in visualisation, graphing and creating visual designs. Experience with HighCharts or D3 is highly desirable
- Knowledge on different integration patterns and supporting technologies for Publish/Subscribe, Request/Reply, Point to Point, Hub/Spoke, Synchronous/Asynchronous etc.
- Excellent knowledge of the HTTP protocol
- Strong project and time management skills – ideally with experience working in Agile development environments with defined commercial outcomes / goals
- Ability to manage their own development environment and perform basic system administrative tasks (Mac OS)
- Strong revision control experience, preferably git
- An entrepreneurial spirit to deliver quality and timely solutions within a fast paced startup environment
- An interest in competitive cycling, endurance sport technology or general fitness technologies will be highly regarded.
- A work history in this field would be excellent!
- a competitive compensation package is on offer.
This role will start immediately for the right candidate so please apply online for immediate consideration. Please include links to some of your most recent work.
Please make initial contact via: firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s Plan is a subsidiary of Specialized Bicycle Corporation; the most innovative bicycle equipment manufacturer in the world.
We have offices in Canberra, Sydney and Boulder, Colorado and our core solutions cover a wide range of cloud based services, mobile SDKs, complex web applications and domain specific knowledge.
We were founded on the premise that there is an inner athlete in all of us. And ways to access that athlete are coming from everywhere. In a world where technology dominates, we see the opportunity to seamlessly harness it to make it easier for people of any ability to become more athletic, to achieve their personal goals, and to ultimately improve their lives.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive server engineer to help us design, build, test and ship quality software on a frequent basis to our customers.
You’ll be joining a busy team of talented engineers, working on the edge of innovation in the sports-tech world. The role is broad, covering everything from integrating with the latest head units and sensors, to profiling our lambdas and databases.
Experience in a startup, or small, fast-paced environment is crucial – we are light on our feet! Experience or an interest in endurance sports or a related discipline would be great, but not necessary.
- Development on our core server stack: JavaEE, JPA, AWS, MySQL and NoSQL
- Working closely with our UI and mobile engineers to design and engineer solutions
- Actively drive forward the patterns and practices of the engineering team
- Ship well-designed, tested software on an incremental basis
The ideal candidate has…
- 3+ years in a role with similar responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience using J2EE technologies
- Demonstrated experience using Java Swing or FX
- Demonstrated experience building RESTful services
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS
- Demonstrated experience using Java with relational databases via JDBC and / or Hibernate
- Experience using Maven and Git
- Strong design and development skills
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
Even better if you have…
- Experience with Android development
- Experience designing software to leverage the AWS stack, including, but not limited to; Lambda, Cognito, RDS, SQS and SNS
- A personal interest in endurance sports – this is a great opportunity to combine personal and professional interests
This role will start immediately for the right candidate so please apply by sending your details to email@example.com. No contact from recruitment agencies please.
Jobs at Today’s Plan
Always wanted to combine your love of cycling or multisport with your day job?
Are you a developer with experience in Angular JS, Java, Android, iOS development, or interactive data visualisations?
If so, Today’s Plan is looking for you.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is the disruptive leader in cycling analytics and training.
If joining our rapidly expanding team is of interest to you, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org