NEW: Financial Controller
Today’s Plan, a leading sportstech SAAS company and part of a global industry leader, is seeking a Financial Controller with demonstrated experience in all aspects of planning and business management. The role is full time and apart from working with local team mates, the successful applicant will work closely with our USA office and parent company. An interest in endurance sport (eg cycling, running or triathlon), while not a requirement for the role, will be highly regarded!
Today’s Plan is the platform behind several of the largest names in endurance sport, including the Specialized Ride app and several leading cycling teams such as BORA-Hansgrohe.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Controller who can manage the following:
- Payroll Management
- Management of consultants client timesheets and invoicing of that time both for external and intercompany purposes
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- BAS/IAS Preparation
- Bank and Credit Card Reconciliations
- General Ledger Journals and Financial Reporting
- Budgeting and reporting
- Cash Flow management across different currencies, systems (Xero, Quickbooks, Oracle) and timezones
- Financial modelling for forecasting and business analysis
- Administration Support for Residential Tenancy Management
- Maintaining and Reviewing Insurance Schedules, Worker’s Compensation, payroll tax
- Keeping Abreast of Relevant Legislation, Regulations and Concessions
- General Administration Support to Management as Required
- Ability to work independently and with others, including colleagues internationally and work with their time zones as required
- Qualification in accounting, business administration or equivalent experience
- 5 Years’ or more in a similar role
- Demonstrated practical skills in business analysis
- Highly proficient in the use of Xero and other cloud based accounting software
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Excellent computer / technology skills
- Advanced English; exceptional written and verbal skills
- Highly organised with the ability to adapt to various systems
Salary & benefits:
- A salary & benefits commensurate with the candidate’s experience will be offered
- Ideally Canberra based, however other East Coast Australian locations will be considered for the right candidate
- You must have appropriate legal work rights for Australia
This role will start immediately for the right candidate so please apply online for immediate consideration.
Please make initial contact via: email@example.com
Zone 5 Cloud and Today’s Plan are subsidiaries of Specialized Bicycle Corporation; the most innovative bicycle equipment manufacturer in the world.
We have offices in Canberra, Sydney and Boulder, Colorado and our core solutions cover a wide range of cloud based services, mobile SDKs, complex web applications and domain specific knowledge.
We were founded on the premise that there is an inner athlete in all of us. And ways to access that athlete are coming from everywhere. In a world where technology dominates, we see the opportunity to seamlessly harness it to make it easier for people of any ability to become more athletic, to achieve their personal goals, and to ultimately improve their lives.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive server engineer to help us design, build, test and ship quality software on a frequent basis to our customers.
You’ll be joining a busy team of talented engineers, working on the edge of innovation in the sports-tech world. The role is broad, covering everything from integrating with the latest head units and sensors, to profiling our lambdas and databases.
Experience in a startup, or small, fast-paced environment is crucial – we are light on our feet! Experience or an interest in endurance sports or a related discipline would be great, but not necessary.
- Development on our core server stack: JavaEE, JPA, AWS, MySQL and NoSQL
- Working closely with our UI and mobile engineers to design and engineer solutions
- Actively drive forward the patterns and practices of the engineering team
- Ship well-designed, tested software on an incremental basis
The ideal candidate has…
- 3+ years in a role with similar responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience using J2EE technologies
- Demonstrated experience using Java Swing or FX
- Demonstrated experience building RESTful services
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS
- Demonstrated experience using Java with relational databases via JDBC and / or Hibernate
- Experience using Maven and Git
- Strong design and development skills
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
Even better if you have…
- Experience with Android development
- Experience designing software to leverage the AWS stack, including, but not limited to; Lambda, Cognito, RDS, SQS and SNS
- A personal interest in endurance sports – this is a great opportunity to combine personal and professional interests
This role will start immediately for the right candidate so please apply by sending your details to firstname.lastname@example.org. No contact from recruitment agencies please.
Jobs at Today’s Plan
Always wanted to combine your love of cycling or multisport with your day job?
Are you a developer with experience in Angular JS, Java, Android, iOS development, or interactive data visualizations?
If so, Today’s Plan is looking for you.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is the disruptive leader in cycling analytics and training.
If joining our rapidly expanding team is of interest to you, please send your resume to: email@example.com