NEW! Sports science support associate (part time or full time)
Today’s Plan, a subsidiary of Specialized Bikes, is a leading sports tech company with extensive global reach, producing innovative online training tools for endurance athletes and their coaches. We work with the world’s leading team’s, athletes, coaches, sports tech businesses and everyday athletes to help them achieve their goals.
We have an exciting new role for an individual with experience and education in the endurance sport field. Working with our existing team, you will be working on supporting our community of athletes and coaches in various ways.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual in a high growth company.
Salary and benefits package details available on application.
Required qualifications, experience & skills:
- Degree qualification in Sports Science or equivalent coaching qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of personality types
- Passion for endurance sport and its associated technology
- High level of personal and professional organisational skills
- Proof of your right to live and work in Australia
Desirable skills and attributes:
- Endurance coaching experience
- Experience using Today’s Plan or a similar platform
- Demonstrable experience dealing with a broad range of people
- Able to perform with success in fast pace and high pressure environments
- Ability to both identify a problem and then create the solution
- Structured and systemic thinking
- Strong organisational and task prioritising abilities
- Understanding of “working life” in an agile and fast growing software company
- Experience using other sports tech platforms
- Experience with using and training with device technology such as power meters and other sensor technology
- Experience using both Windows and Mac software
- Experience using both Android and iPhone software
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Today’s Plan is a subsidiary of Specialized Bicycle Corporation; the most innovative bicycle equipment manufacturer in the world.
We have offices in Canberra, Sydney and Boulder, Colorado and our core solutions cover a wide range of cloud based services, mobile SDKs, complex web applications and domain specific knowledge.
We were founded on the premise that there is an inner athlete in all of us. And ways to access that athlete are coming from everywhere. In a world where technology dominates, we see the opportunity to seamlessly harness it to make it easier for people of any ability to become more athletic, to achieve their personal goals, and to ultimately improve their lives.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive server engineer to help us design, build, test and ship quality software on a frequent basis to our customers.
You’ll be joining a busy team of talented engineers, working on the edge of innovation in the sports-tech world. The role is broad, covering everything from integrating with the latest head units and sensors, to profiling our lambdas and databases.
Experience in a startup, or small, fast-paced environment is crucial – we are light on our feet! Experience or an interest in endurance sports or a related discipline would be great, but not necessary.
- Development on our core server stack: JavaEE, JPA, AWS, MySQL and NoSQL
- Working closely with our UI and mobile engineers to design and engineer solutions
- Actively drive forward the patterns and practices of the engineering team
- Ship well-designed, tested software on an incremental basis
The ideal candidate has…
- 3+ years in a role with similar responsibilities
- Demonstrated experience using J2EE technologies
- Demonstrated experience using Java Swing or FX
- Demonstrated experience building RESTful services
- Demonstrated experience working with AWS
- Demonstrated experience using Java with relational databases via JDBC and / or Hibernate
- Experience using Maven and Git
- Strong design and development skills
- Demonstrated experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols
Even better if you have…
- Experience with Android development
- Experience designing software to leverage the AWS stack, including, but not limited to; Lambda, Cognito, RDS, SQS and SNS
- A personal interest in endurance sports – this is a great opportunity to combine personal and professional interests
This role will start immediately for the right candidate so please apply by sending your details to email@example.com. No contact from recruitment agencies please.
Jobs at Today’s Plan
Always wanted to combine your love of cycling or multisport with your day job?
Are you a developer with experience in Angular JS, Java, Android, iOS development, or interactive data visualisations?
If so, Today’s Plan is looking for you.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is the disruptive leader in cycling analytics and training.
If joining our rapidly expanding team is of interest to you, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org