Plan builder, library and dynamic plans
In Today’s Plan we have two ways of distributing training plans to your athletes. We have a plan builder, allowing you to create plans for your athletes and store them in your training plan library.
We also have a dynamic prescription tool which allows you to deliver regularly updated training to your athletes simultaneously. You can make changes to the plan and have that reflected on all of your athletes accounts at once.
Building training plans
Building training plans in Today’s Plan is easy with our new plan builder. You can easily store a library of training plans that you can distribute to your athletes while you keep all the revenue. For a more in-depth look at the training plan builder please see our masterclass video: Using the advanced plan builder.
When you are ready to start distributing your training plans, there are several options available;
- Directly drag and drop the plan from your plan library into your athletes calendar.
- Expose your plan library to your athletes, allowing them to access your plans so they can add these in themselves.
- Send the athlete a direct ‘magic link’ to a plan which once clicked on automatically injects the training plan into the athletes calendar. You can also use this method if you wish to sell plans to customers from your existing website.
Today’s Plan provides coaches the opportunity to deliver their plans dynamically with workouts populating in your athletes calendar on a rolling time period, set by you. This allows the athlete to see their workouts in advance and gives you the flexibility to change the plan when circumstances change.
There are considerable benefits to the dynamic plan:
- The training can adapt to an athlete’s schedule, as the workouts won’t sync on a day in the calendar if there is already a workout or rest day scheduled. For example, if the athlete knows they cannot train on a future date, they can add a rest day in their calendar and the system will not insert a workout on that day.
- This can also be used if the athlete adds a group ride or event, the system will know not to add an additional workout on that day.
- A dynamic plan is also perfect to use when a gap needs to be filled before a static plan begins. For example, the athletes are nine weeks from a target event and you have a six week static plan ready to lead into the event. A dynamic plan can be used before this to fill the gap in the first three weeks. When the static plan begins, the system will detect scheduled workouts and the dynamic plan will stop syncing automatically.
Using our APIs
As a coach you can also access our API’s to distribute your plans straight from your website. Athletes can select and pay for their plan on your website and the plan will be automatically injected into their Today’s Plan calendar.
If you work with a developer already, they can gain access to all of our API documentation; or you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the coach onboarding packages that we offer.